The working groups
At ESTAINIUM, four different working groups are working on the realization of the project to make the world a better place.
Technology and Infastructure
The first working group is selecting and developing the basic technical infrastructure which is needed for the exchange of product related footprints.
- Education of stakeholders on use cases of inter- and intra-company
execution of sustainability
- Alignment on common principles to allow for interoperability
- Alliance of sustainability thought leaders across industries,
NGOs and certifiers
- Governs the ecosystem as an independent cross-company body
- Initial tech-stack donated as open source by Siemens to kick-start activities
Standards and Norms Compatibility
The second working group is focused on simplifying the navigation in the increasingly complex landscape of PCF standards, norms, and sector or product specific guidance.
- PCF specific requirements for verifiable exchange mechanism of ESTAINIUM
- One PCF data model for verifiable data structure of the ESTAINIUM infrastructure which is interoperable with all member networks
- Standards and sharing network compatibility services based on guidance material & conversion logics for member applications
- Gap filling alignments, - work item proposal which is case studies driven
Communication and education
The fourth working group is primarily responsible for communicating the goals, progress and results of the other working groups and making them accessible to the public.
- Creating awareness and receive feedback on sustainability topics
- Developing communication channels and platforms to foster dialogue and interaction internal and external
- Responsibility for informing the public about ESTAINIUM's sustainability goals and initiatives
- Creating communication strategies to increase visibility and understanding of sustainability issues
- Responsible for the social media presence, as well as trade shows and events to inform and inspire about sustainability
Use, Storage & Compensation
The third working group is developing guidelines to integrate high quality carbon removal projects in accounting mechanisms and product lifecycle management.
- Offset specific requirements for verifiable exchange mechanism
- Access to the development of a holistic marketplace framework for full usability, transparency and visualization processes
- Selection and comparability between relevant sink technologies for the implementation of operations in industry
- Definition of a future industry standard for quality assurance in own supply chains with „approved by ESTAINIUM” certification